Thursday 21 April 2016

The Unexpected Guest

Something strange happened today. I felt that I just needed to share this. In a way, it allows me to confirm that this is not a movie, but something that’s actually happened.
Feel free to laugh, if you need to. Feel free to cry need to. Feel free to do both because, I am not sure what to do.
It was about 10:00am when I was still in bed and my eyes were still filled with sleep when my husband comes into the room.
“There’s someone at front door”, he said sounding irritated.
“What?” I asked him.
“There’s someone at the door, not sure why” he repeats.
I try to wake up and dress up. My husband also tries to look for something decent to wear. While I am trying to find something to wear, someone tries opening the bedroom door.
Aha!
It’s a woman, thank goodness, but what is she still doing here, I wondered. She continues to open the door even wider. She immediately asked “are you staying in here?” I said “yes, we are”. She continued to utter words which I didn’t understand as I was still feeling sleepy and very shocked that someone was in our house. I quickly said, “OK, could you please.....?” as I gave her a hand gesture, pointing towards the exit door of the house, asking her to leave so I can get dressed. She agreed and walked out.
My husband managed to find something decent and went out to speak to her. I followed. She said that we were living in her sisters house. She explained that her sister was admitted to hospital and had left the house, but continuous to pay rent. My husband and I were in complete shock. I personally wondered if I was actually alive or whether this was a set up. We had only been living in the house for three days and a lady comes to claim the house!
I asked her why the house was empty and where her sister’s belonging were. She said her sister removed everything and she (the lady who walked in) was to replace her. She too expressed shock to see us in the house and to see our car parked in “her garage”. She then stated that she was going to go and talk to the Rental Property Agents. We said, “Ok” and let her go. I finally got into the house. Paused for a couple of minutes, beating myself and wondering, “Is this a movie?" She actually got into the house with her own set of keys, opened the door of our room, behaves like she didn’t want to leave the sight of the room and then says “You are in MY house!”
Uh-ha!
I came to realize that this was real and not a prank. My husband and I got with the programme and quickly dashed down the Rental Property Agents before we found another episode happening soon.
We met with the agents and they said that they have never, in their 10 years, experienced an incident like this. They then revealed that the previous tenant of the house actually did move out, she was mentally ill and they had a difficult time actually trying to convey the message to her. So they had to actually go through someone else close to her to let her know that she was no longer renting that property.
My husband and I then revealed to her that they would be expecting the sister (of the previous tenant) to be coming in soon to see them. The agents looked even more frightened, looked my Husband and I in the eye and said, “wow, sounds like something we look forward to”.
Despite everything that happened, we continue to praise the Lord and every now and then laugh about this incident.
Many times we need to find joy in every situation.
Signing off

Petua

No comments:

Post a Comment