Saturday 26 March 2016

The Light

From the darkness of my own soul, I watch the light come.
It penetrates the day and comes closer to me.
It calls me softly, gently.
It stops outside, and waits.
I must make the next move.
The light waits. I can feel the love coming from it.
The darkness grips me tighter, holding be back.
The darkness's grip is cold as it wraps its fingers around my heart.
The light gives off warmth calling to me again softly.
I know the light is good. So why am I still afraid of it?
I make a decision: I want to live in the light.
The darkness screeches in my ear, in pain.
A smile curls my lips as I now realize where the fear of the light comes from.
The darkness fears the light.
The light loves me.
I wonder what the light did to the darkness to make it fear the light
I step into the light, my sight blinded.
The warmth wraps around me and loves envelopes me
I realise that I am dirty but the light does not mind
The light washes me and cleanses me with patience, kindness and humility.
It speaks to me words of comfort and then clothes me in new clothes.
I look back at the darkness and I see how small my world has been
"I came for you", the light tells me
I look to the light source and in it, I see the shape of a man.
"I love you" he says.
His loves washes over me so powerfully
I am knocked to the ground and tears well up inside of me
He comes to my side and holds me.
My grip comes from my sin and I see that his hands are marked with cruel scars.
I see them and I mourn for him. What pain he must have gone through?
"they are the marks of love" he says knowing what is going on in my mind
"I got them fighting for you" he says, "without them, we could not be together"
"Thank you" I say back to him, gratitude and shame washing over me.
"Come" he says, "we have been expecting you"
I walk with him back to where he came from.
His love coming to me from every fibre of his being.
Such love I cannot compare better than this life will ever see.

I know that I love him too.

No comments:

Post a Comment